The newest The Simpsons episode is nostalgic for those from New Orleans, and accurate for those who currently live there. The beloved American show first aired in 1989, and continues to go strong as they go through season 29. The Simpsons is one of the most relatable cartoon shows on television today, and relate to real-life events and activities.
In Season 29 episode 17 – “Lisa Gets the Blues” – the family gets re-routed during an airplane trip to New Orleans. When they touch down, Homer Simpson visits a plethora of popular New Orleans restaurants. He indulges in everything from crawfish to po’boys. Everything those visiting the city NEED to try!
He kicks off with a hurricane at the popular courtyard bar Pat O’ Briens. Then makes his way to other restaurants…he consumes:
- Crawfish at Bevi Seafood Co.
- Lamb tagine at Jamilia’s
- Grilled lamb sausage at Emeril’s
- Zucchini bisque at Bon Ton Cafe
- A crab meat po-boy at Johnny’s Po-boy
- A duck po-boy at Crabby Jack’s
- A chicken sausage po-boy at Gene’s Po-boy
- A crawfish sausage po-boy at Tracey’s
- A cochon de lait po-boy at Cochon
- A turkey po-boy at DeMartino’s
- A roast beef po-boy Parasol’s
- An alligator po-boy at Jaques-Imo’s
- Catfish almondine at Mulate’s
- Crawfish almondine at Mahoney’s
- Boiled crawfish at Frankie & Johnny’s
- Cajun crawfish at Cajun Seafood
- Fried crab cakes at Galatoire’s
- Pecan catfish at Parkway Bakery and Tavern
- Seafood mirliton casserole at K-Paul’s
- Fried chicken at Dooky Chase’s
- A muffuletta sandwich at Central Grocery
- Smoky bacon greens at Katie’s
- Seafood au gratin at Brennan’s
- Jambalaya at Coop’s Place
- Creole sweet potatoes at Antoine’s
- Pralines and cookies at Loretta’s
- Oyster pralines at The Praline Connection
- Oyster patties at Arnaud’s
- Pecan pie at Palm Court
- Boudin balls at The Court of the Two Sisters
He ends his food adventures at Cafe Du Monde with some life-changing beignets! Check out the preview below, or stream the whole episode on Hulu.
What is your favorite spot to eat at while visiting the city?
Food list provided by The Eater.
Featured image via screenshot.