GRiZ just dropped a brand new three-track EP featuring some of his heaviest cuts and beloved live teases, along with his highly anticipated collaboration with Subtronics.
Following the release of his newest album Ride Waves, GRiZ is showing no signs of slowing down. Cruising on the energy around the full length release, GRiZ keeps the surprises coming, from his brand new Bangers series to various pop-up parties for his funk-hungry Denver fans. Today, the producer returns with a brand new three track EP, Bangers.Zip, out now on Zeds Dead’s Deadbeats imprint.
Bangers.Zip kicks off with GRiZ’s collaboration with riddim producer Subtronics, which has been leading the hype train ever since its tease during Subtronics‘ Electric Forest set. Aptly named “Griztronics“, the track absolutely lives up to the hype. The epic collaboration blasts off reggae-infused brass samples and vocals before delivering a dizzying dose of bass and powerful wobbles.
GRiZ follows on Bangers.Zip with two tracks that have served as staples in his recent live sets. “Freak the Method” has kicked off his sets for the better part of the past year. GRiZ himself serves up vocals on the track, with a slapping kick and crunchy guitar riff complementing his groove. The EP closes with “Push The Vibe“, a quirky dub track with high-energy builds and a chaotic wobbling drop.
Bangers.Zip comes before GRiZ’s sold out two night Red Rocks run, where he’ll be rinsing 2010-2017 throwbacks on night one and giving the full Ride Waves treatment the following night. The Ride Waves Season Two tour continues on across North America, making stops at Chicago’s Navy Pier, LA’s Hollywood Palladium, Berkeley’s Greek Theatre, and many more. All dates are listed below and more information is available here.
Check out the new EP below and stay tune for more from GRiZ and Deadbeats!
GRiZ 2019 Live Dates
- 8/16-17 – Des Moines, IA – 515 Alive Music Festival
- 8/29 – Denver, CO – The Fillmore Auditorium
- 8/30 – Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre^
- 8/31 – Morrison, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre#
- 9/26 – Boston, MA – Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion*
- 9/27 – Washington, D.C. – The Anthem*
- 9/28 – Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre*
- 9/29 – Charlottesville, VA – Sprint Pavilion*
- 10/2 – Birmingham, AL – Avondale Brewery Amphitheatre*
- 10/3 – Nashville, TN – War Memorial Auditorium*
- 10/4 – Indianapolis, IN – The Pavilion at Pan Am*
- 10/5 – Chicago, IL – Navy Pier at Festival Hall*
- 10/6 – Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Music Festival
- 10/9 – Cincinnati, OH – PNC Pavilion*
- 10/10 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle*^
- 10/11 – Atlanta, GA – Coca-Cola Roxy*#
- 10/12 – New Orleans, LA – The Fillmore*
- 10/13 – Austin, TX – Austin City Limits
- 10/15 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex*
- 10/17 – Seattle, WA – The Paramount Theatre*
- 10/18 – Vancouver, BC – The Commodore Ballroom*
- 10/19 – Eugene, OR – The Cuthbert Amphitheater*
- 10/24 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium*
- 10/26 – Berkeley, CA – The Greek Theatre w/ CloZee*
* Ride Waves Tour: Season Two
+ CTGH set
^ 10’-17’ set
# Ride Waves set
Featured image via Lazy Eye Official.