The Beatport Group is thrilled to announce the 2023 Diversity + Parity Fund recipients, marking our second annual initiative to promote diversity and gender equality in the music industry. A total of $150,000 will be granted to the following organizations:
- Change the Beat – Canada: Empowering female, trans, and non-binary artists globally through mentorship, events, and remix contests.
- Last Night A DJ Saved My Life – United Kingdom: Supporting young women in DJing and dance music production.
- ONE OFF TRAKS – Australia: Promoting world-class songwriting through collaborative camps and showcases.
- Other Village People – South Africa: Celebrating LGBTQIAP2S+ culture with the Queertopia festival.
- Saffron – United Kingdom: Advancing equality in music tech for Black women, trans, and non-binary individuals.
- We Are Moving The Needle – United States: Breaking barriers and fostering equity in the recording industry through the In CTRL symposium.
These grants emphasize Beatport’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive music industry. Thank you to all who applied; these recipients were selected from over 150 submissions worldwide.
In addition to the financial support, The Beatport Group will provide ongoing assistance to these organizations. This includes strategy development, community outreach, editorial support, social media promotion, and more. Over the next year, we look forward to seeing the positive impact these initiatives will have on the music industry, as they continue to drive positive change, promote inclusivity, and amplify underrepresented voices in the world of music.